1000 pieces Puzzle
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Adults & Kids are turning to puzzles more and more, both to unwind and to challenge their brains in a new way. Take a break from your phone & Train your Brain!
The Benefits of Puzzles & Brain Teasers:
- Increased IQ: Puzzles provide improvements to our vocabulary, memory, and overall reasoning. So, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that one of the other benefits of puzzles is that they help raise our IQ (intelligence quotient). One researcher from the University of Michigan even found that adults could boost their IQ by four (4) points after spending 25 minutes a day playing puzzle games.
- Improved Memory: Solving puzzles helps reinforce existing connections between our brain cells. It also increases the generation of new relationships. This, in turn, improves mental speed and thought processes.
- Improved Mood: Another one of the benefits of puzzles is that they increase our brains’ production of dopamine. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that regulates mood and feelings of optimism. It also affects memory, concentration, and motivation. Dopamine is released every time we successfully solve a puzzle — or even just get one piece in the right place. This encourages us to continue working on solving them and challenging ourselves.
- Better Problem-Solving Skills: The ability to creatively solve problems and think critically is greatly valued in the workforce. Puzzles help us develop all of those important skills. Puzzles require us to take different approaches to try and solve a problem since there’s a lot of trial and error involved. We also learn the value of formulating theories, testing hypotheses, and changing our perspectives when something doesn’t work out according to plan. All these skills can easily be transferred to our work life to make us more innovative and adaptable employees.
- Lower Stress Levels: At the same time that puzzles challenge us, they also help us to relax. Our brains also go from a “Beta,” or wakeful, state to an “Alpha” state when we’re solving puzzles. The Alpha state is similar to the state we’re in when we’re dreaming. This shift in consciousness comes with many benefits, including: Ability to make deeper connections, Improve our mindset, Relieve stress, Improve mood, Increase our self-confidence
- Increased Attention to Detail: When you’re trying to solve a puzzle, especially a jigsaw puzzle with tiny pieces that all look alike, attention to detail is crucial. You need to train your eyes to pick out slight differences in color or shape that will help you put everything together. An ability to pick up on small details helps in every aspect of our lives, especially at work. When we’re more detailed oriented and precise, the quality of our work improves.
- Increased Productivity: When we’re happier and less stressed out, it’s easier for us to concentrate. When our concentration improves, our productivity naturally skyrockets. If you’re struggling to stay on task at work or school, consider taking a short break to solve a puzzle and reset your brain. Many offices & schools are actually starting to include Puzzles & Brain Teasers in their rest rooms. These puzzles let employees & students take their minds off work or study for a few minutes and come back refreshed and ready to go!
- Better Collaboration: If you’re looking for another reason to incorporate puzzles into your workplace, tell your boss that they’ve been proven to build collaboration between coworkers. Researchers at Yale University found that giving people the opportunity to work together on solving puzzles allowed them to improve relationships and their abilities to cooperate to finish a task.
- Improved Visual-Spatial Reasoning: When solving a jigsaw puzzle, we have to look at different pieces and figuring out where they fit within the larger picture. Doing this regularly helps improve our visual-spatial reasoning. Better visual-spacial skills help with a number of everyday tasks, including: Driving a car (parking, switching lanes, etc.), Packing and figuring out how many items can fit in boxes, suitcases, or the trunks of our cars, using a map etc.
- Delay Dementia & Alzheimer’s: Studies show that keeping the mind active through puzzles and other problem-solving activities can reduce the amount of brain cell damage that occurs in Alzheimer’s patients. It also supports the growth of new nerve cells and strengthens the connections between them.
Puzzle Style: Common
Age Range: > 3 years old,Grownups
Brand Name: Coolioos / UTOYSLAND
Model Number: 2307349 jigsaw puzzles for adults
Feature: adult puzzles picture 1000